Thursday, April 20, 2006

HOW IN THE WORLD ?

Did you ever ask youself this question.

I was walking across my yard the other day. I came upon a little pile of rocks. I wondered, how in the world did those get there. Now these rocks weren’t any that matched any rock within a mile of my house.

I picked them up and threw them out in the road so that the lawnmower would not get them and sling them who knows where.

Now this is not the first time for rocks and a lot of other strange little things that I have picked up in my yard.

This stuff went on for awhile back about 25 years ago. Suddenly it all just stopped.

Now it has started again in the last 5 years.

I never knew what I might have found 25 years ago, and I am still surprised by some of the items I find today.

Some might think that I have gremlins visiting my yard at night.

I believe I have a better explanation, CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN!

When my 3 girls were younger I was always saying out loud HOW IN THE WORLD DID THAT GET THERE! I now say the same thing because of my grandchildren, but now I just mumble to myself.

Just try sometime to explain to a little one with a play set of golf clubs, why they don't have any little white balls (that hide in the grass) to hit.

As best as I can estimate, I still have about 10 years of finding unusual things, and chopping up something, (no matter how hard I look) when I walk across or mow my yard.

How in the world will always be used around my house inside and out

I can hardly wait for my Great Grandchildren!

1 comment:

MaMa Norma said...

I can wait for the greats! I'm still to busy with the grandchildren to want the greats for a while yet. I'm getting old fast enough, lets not rush it!