Wednesday, January 07, 2009

A NEW ADVENTURE

Well starting jan.30,2009 I will oficially retire. I have looked forward to this day for at least the last twenty years. Actually at 16 I was planing to retire at 55. Things didn't quiet turn out as I planed, but that's life.

I have all kinds of plans for things to do. Spend more time with my five grandchildren for starters. Also spend more time with my wife. We may get tired of each other after a while, but the one thing retirement gives you is all the time you need to make up and get along better. I think things will be a lot better between us after I retire. I will be able to help her a lot more with things around the house.

I have plans to take the grandkids fishing, I think it would be a lot of fun. That's another thing I plan to have in retirement lots of fun!

I'll be able to work in my yard when I want to not just because the grass is a foot tall!
Time, time time I am going to enjoy every minute.

I know I sound like a crazy old man, maybe it because I am! I will be able to take my time to complete projects that I could not do in one evening or one weekend.

Thanks for reading the ramblings of this old man. Just remember that you are just as old as you feel, and I feel pretty good!
I'll have more updates on my fun with all in future blogs. Have a nice life!

2 comments:

MaMa Norma said...

I'm looking forward to your retirement also. No more alarm clocks!!! More time with you and we can visit anyone when we want to instead of waiting until weekends. Retirement!!! YEAH!!

Anonymous said...

Hope you enjoy it Dad! and I hope you can get to finishing my bedroom now!!! :) Love ya