Monday, June 18, 2007

WEEKEND TWO

Another great weekend. Started out with Micki giving me a new shirt, it is orange with stripes it fits perfect, I really like it. Norma says I look good in orange. Friday evening me, Micki, Johnny, Maddie, Noah, and paw-paw Steve. went to Olive garden for Fathers Day.(Micki & Johnnys treat) We all had a great time and the food was wonderful. The kids were real good to. Noah got a little rambunctious at the end. Norma was at home, she said she didn't feel like going, the four kids had taken their toll on her all day Friday. Also her leg was bothering her quite a bit. She went to the doctor for it today and she is going to have to stay off it as much as possible for a few days. Yeah right, when she is taking care of grandkids every day! It was just a bruise but as brusies go it was a helluva bruise, big as a baseball when she first did it.

Satruday everything was going so well I decided to redo some of the grout in the bathroom and replace the soapdish that fell off when Isaac pulled on it. I think water had gotten in behind it and loosened it up quite a bit. As some of you know some of my projects don't allways turn out exactly as planed. But by golly this one did! the tile and grout looks great, just like new. I got to thinking that in the past I allways had someone helping me. Could that be the reason some of the projects didn't turn out just right? Just a thought, I still wouldn't turn down help from any of them even it was. HA ha. After I finshed up the bathroom Johnny invited me to join him and Maddie and Noah in the hot tub. I'm really getting hooked on that thing . It is sooooo relaxing just to lie there looking at the stars and the feel of the jets as they massage the worries right out of you.

Sunday, Fathers day, at ten occlock Crystal called to wish me happy Fathers Day and believe it or not woke me and Norma up! She, just like us, coudn't believe we were still asleep. My excuse was being so relaxed from the hot tub the night before.When we finally got up we went to Chris & Cindys. First thing to do was jump in their big ole pool. The water temp was 75 and it felt a little cold. Sophie and Isaac were jumping around like frogs. They both love the pool, but like me they would like it a little warmer. Isaac can do a pretty good dive for a four year old, at least Cindy and I think so. After about an hour os so we all got out and dressed and Cindy & Chris took me (for Fathers Day) and Norma to the Outback for a steak!
I had a 14oz New York strip, man it was cooked perfect. Cindy also got me a couple of movies and Isaac and Sophie got me two turtles. We had a great time and our waitress was great, the kids were perfact too.
I also got some sweet cards to keep for a long time.

So as you can see it was another great weekend. Boy I wish they could all turn out like these last two. Free food everywhere!!

Have a nice day and remember no matter who you are or what you have done someone somewhere still loves you!

2 comments:

Maisyday said...

Hey! Your projects turned out just fine when I helped, just often coated in blood. :)

I'm glad you had a good Father's Day, hate that I wasn't there to celebrate with you!

Love you daddy!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had such a great weekend! Really glad to see you posting again too!!